NCL PU FLEX-2, is a water-reactive grout specifically
designed for injection into leaking concrete, masonry or
brickwork, to stop the flow of water. Commencement of
the chemical reaction with water can be adjusted by the
addition of a variable quantity of CATALYST.
NCL PU FLEX-2 forms an excellent barrier against
water seepage caused by hydroscopic pressure. It has
good chemical resistance and it is non-toxic once set. By
restraining the natural expansion created by this reaction,
a strong closed-cell semi-rigid foam is formed, providing a
permanent barrier to the ingress of water.
NCL PU FLEX-2 is a low viscosity MDI-based isocyanate, which transforms into a semi-flexible polyurethane foam when in
contact with water. The reaction time can be adjusted by the addition of CATALYST.
AREA OF APPLICATION
• Basement Wall
• Concrete Slab
• Brick Wall
• Water Tank
• Sewerage Structure
• Wet Areas
• Lift Pits, Sewer etc.
• Vibratory Structure
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
• Penetrates into cracks < 200 microns
• Provides a totally water resistant barrier
• Excellent bond strength
• Non-toxic and can be in contact with portable water
• Resistant to biological attack
• Unaffected by salts or contaminants in water
• Solvent and TDI free
STORAGE & HANDLING
Store in cool dry areas. Temperature above 50˚C may cause premature formation of insoluble solids. Good housekeeping is
essential in areas where chemical spillage is likely to occur. Partly used drums/pails should be tightly sealed to prevent ingress of
moisture. To increase the material life expectancy, partially used drum/pail should be filled with Nitrogen gas and sealed tightly
to prevent contamination.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Avoid contact with skin, eye and avoid breathing vapor. Wear gloves, goggles and full clothing when handling with raw
materials. Keep away from children. Provide adequate ventilation in confined spaces. If skin contact occurs, remove
NCL PU FLEX-2 with soap and water. DO NOT use solvent. Should poisoning occur, consult a physician in all cases.
Should poisoning occur, call doctor immediately, DO NOT induce vomiting, drink plenty of water or milk. MSDS shall be
available upon request.
• Inspect, check and measure the thickness, width and depth of the cracks, joints and leakage condition of the affected structure.
• Drill 10mm/13mm/16mm diameter holes at 100-500mm intervals along the side of the crack or joint at a 45˚ angle in order for the
path of the crack or joint to be intersected at the centre of the structure. The distance between holes will depend on the size of
the crack or joint to be injected.
• Clean the drilled holes with compressed air. Insert the packer into the drilled hole and ensure that the rubber sleeve of packer
and cutting line of tightening nut are inserted beneath the concrete surface. Tighten the packer securely (packer might damage
if over-tightened ).
• Use a clean and dry bucket; pour in the NCL PU FLEX-2 to the desired amount. Add the CATALYST gradually – average
recommended at 5% (5:100). Mix/stir well. Increase the dosage if rapid curing is required.
• Commence injection by using SWM1000, SWM1100, DHP-M1000 or DHP-M2000 high pressure injection machine. The
material must be visible during the initial set stage (yellowish expanding foam).
• It is recommended that pressurised grouting is performed at the previously injected packers/points for multiple times to ensure
that the NCL PU FLEX-2 is completely compacted and no water leakage.
• In the event of filling vertical cracks or joints, commence injection start from the bottom. In case of horizontal cracks or joints,
begin from either side.
• Inexperienced operator may clog the injection machine. Increasing the operating speed is required if higher dosage of catalyst is used.
• Allow the NCL PU FLEX-2 to cure for 24 hours before removing the injected packers. Remove the exposed visible solidified grout
remain on the crack section. Plug all holes with a suitable mortar.
• Flush and clean the injection machine and hose with solvent after used.